Friday, August 13, 2010

Copper and Turquoise Bracelet Design

Though not intentionally Myst inspired, I did play Myst IV for a bit before I started beading so...who know? I think it still counts! :)
I tried a couple different photography angles to try to get the neat toggle, the texture of the ring, and the colors right.  I might make a couple more and put them on my Etsy.

Ingredients:

From Ornamentea.com
Hammered Copper Ring

Antique Copper Jump Rings

From FireMountainGems.com
2" Copper Headpins (so bendy! so shiny!)
Round Antique Copper Toggle
African "turquoise" 15mm lentil (out of stock?)

6 comments:

  1. I never played Myst, but I love the colors!! Is it heavy?? I may have to purchase one if you do sell them :D

    Also how did you take those pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its pretty light weight actually. The copper ring is feather-light, surprisingly. Its the stones that weigh it down a bit. Which is good, cause it mostly stays right side up!

    I took the pictures in a light-box my work keeps for product photography. Then, I used Photoshop "levels" to adjust the white balance (though not very carefully :P )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice - well if you do make more, let me know!

    The pictures look great! I wish I had a lightbox. I'm sure Dave would loooove to have one for his models too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, will do.

    PS if you're interested in building a box on the cheap, there are tons of tutorials out there! This one looks almost exactly like what i used. Mine is made out of corrugated plastic instead of cardboard...

    http://digital-photography-school.com/how-to-make-a-inexpensive-light-tent

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey did you see that you won on The Bright Side Project? I saw you hadn't claimed your prize. You won the gift certificate to Ira Grant Eco. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to Jessica's blog, I got to see your bracelet, it's beautiful!
    Jess' Mom

    ReplyDelete